I just returned from a whirlwind trip to Miami where I attended the Miami Book Fair and received a gold medal from Readers' Favorite for The Clay Lion. Here's five things I learned:
1. Awards are cool. For real.
2. You're never too old to take a walk across a stage.
3. Or pose for a picture with Paddington.
4. For some unknown reason I immediately turn into a 13-year-old girl (squeeee!) when speaking with an author I admire.
And the most important thing of all?
5. At the end of the day the most important parts of any journey are the people you meet along the way. It was a thrill to finally come face to face with many of the authors I've supported online as well those who have mentored me over the years. Not to mention the joy of bringing new friends into the fold can not be beat.
This is were you get to read about what's going on inside my head. I apologize in advance - the place is a wreck.